Information for Commercial Growers
- Tree Fruit – Apples, pears, peaches, plums, cherries, etc.
- Grapes – Juice, wine, & table grapes.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Best Management Practices for U-Pick Farms During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Recommended practices and communication strategies for U-Pick operations to protect your farm team and your customers.
- Crop and Pest Management Guidelines – Cornell Cooperative Extensions publications provide critical pesticide information for managing diseases, insects, mites, weeds, wildlife, nutrients and fruit thinning.
- New York State Integrated Pest Management (Fruits) – Provides environmentally and economically sensible ways to protect crops from insects, plant diseases, weeds, and vertebrate pests.
- Network for Environment & Weather Applications (NEWA) – Delivers weather information and apps based on the weather collected that support and advance integrated pest management (IPM) and best management practices for agricultural and green industries.
- Organic and IPM production guides – For grapes, apples, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries and blackberries.
- Cornell Hard Cider Resources – Information on current hard cider research at Cornell and other resources. More tree fruit resources.
- Efficient Vineyard – New project delivering an innovative, science-driven, and approachable precision viticulture platform to measure and manage sources of vineyard variation. More grape resources.
- Protected Culture for Strawberries Using Low Tunnels – Protect berries from weather and extend your harvest season into summer and late fall. More berry resources.
- Pest updates: Spotted Wing Drosophila | Spotted Lanternfly (NYSIPM Webpage)
Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) Commercial Fruit Programs
- Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Program
- Finger Lakes Grape Program
- Lake Erie Regional Grape Program
- Lake Ontario Fruit Program
- South Central Fruit and Vegetable Program
- Suffolk County CCE Fruit Programs Long Island Horticultural Research and Extension Center
- Statewide Fruit Extension
CCE County Offices
- Scaffolds Fruit Journal – Weekly update on pest management and crop development.
- Fruit Quarterly – From the New York State Horticultural Society, Cornell University’s New York State Agricultural Experiment Station at Geneva, and the New York State Apple Research and Development Program.
- New York Berry News – A statewide perspective on berry-crop production in New York.
- Veraison to Harvest – From extension viticulture and enology, a statewide weekly perspective, Sep to Oct, focusing on grape ripening and fruit quality.
- Appellation Cornell – Quarterly newsletter about programs, projects, and people associated with Cornell’s viticulture and enology program.
- More Newsletters
- Agro-One Services: [Soil Testing] & [Plant Tissue Analysis]
- Cornell Soil Health (Basic and Comprehensive Soil Health Testing)
- Plant Disease Diagnostic Clinic
- Insect Diagnostic Lab (Dept. of Entomology)