2019 Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD) Distribution map
Genus species: Drosophila suzukii
Now recognized as established throughout Northeast. First detected in New York in 2011 and presumed distributed throughout New York as of 2012.
Confirmed 2019 trap captures in New York:
Counties colored white either don’t have traps reporting to the map or have not entered trap catch data into the map. Trap catch reports update to the map within an hour. The color scheme denotes the month of the first trap catch report for that County. The following counties are reporting to the map: Albany, Cayuga, Chemung, Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Erie, Essex, Livingston, Montgomery, Niagara, Onondaga, Orange, Orleans, Putnam, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schuyler, Suffolk, Ulster, Washington, Wayne, and Wyoming.
Confirmed 2018 trap captures in other states along the Atlantic seaboard:
Archived maps information:
- 2018 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2017 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2016 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2015 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2014 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2013 SWD Distribution Map for New York
- 2012 Reports on Spotted Wing Drosophila in New York
- 2012 SWD Distribution Map for New York